Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ode to Snow Days...

The phone rang at 6:15 in the morning. (AKA the butt-crack of dawn). In my comatose state, I only managed to pick up the phone as my father (one of the perks of living at home--a live answering service) was finishing the conversation. All I heard was, "tell her school is canceled for today". I instantly picked up my cell phone and called the land line. LAY-ZEE, I know. It was 6:15 after all, so cut me some slack. My dad responded to my inquiry as to WHICH school was canceled, as my mom works for another school district. I was positive it was her rural school as opposed to mine. I was mistaken, it was MY adorable school (here and here) that was closed for the day! I was positive my HUH-LARIOUS dad was pulling my leg, so I ran upstairs like a little girl on Christmas morning. Annoyed with my hopeful and chipper disposition, he scolded me to get back to bed since I truly did not have to go to school. Ironically, I was so awake after I found out I actually COULD sleep in. After eating breakfast and doing some homework, I crawled back into my lovely and happy place and took a nap while the snow slowly and gently fell on the Wyoming ground. Sometimes nature just makes us take a break. Life is good. Snow days are wonderful.



Blogger DC Diva said...

Jessica. is. blogging.

wahooo!!!!

March 24, 2009 7:58 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment