Monday, August 31, 2009

How we love thee Dewey!

Dear Dewey:

Thank you so much for being so organized. Thank you for devising a way for everyone (even challenged girls like myself) to have the ability to locate items from our local libraries. Where would we be without you?

Thanks to your heavenly set-up, I was able to enjoy the perks of my local library this weekend. Saturday morning I took my lively Labrador Max on a walk. On our way home, I tied him up outside, ran inside and five minutes later walked out with a great non-fiction piece called Garlic and Sapphires. Book in hand, I picked up Max and went on my merry way. It was a special moment in my day and I am indebted to you and your fabulous organizational skills.

Till we meet again.

Sincerely,

Jessica Taggart

P.S. What are your thoughts on this article? As a reader, I am sure you are very upset.




Blogger Ming said...

I'm SO sad! I loved Reading Rainbow as a kid. Boooo.

August 31, 2009 10:17 AM

Delete
Blogger Kelly D. said...

That is too bad. Maybe they'll air repeats?

Let me know how your library book is! (I'm always on the lookout for a good read!)

August 31, 2009 1:14 PM

Delete
Blogger Harley King said...

Dear Dewey,

You are too good to us. Or should I say, "You're all 500.130 to me?"

H-Dawg

PS Reading Rainbow is canceled so Geordi LaForge can get back to Star Trek where he belongs.

August 31, 2009 8:07 PM

Delete

2 comments:

  1. Oh yey I'm so glad you had a good library experience! I am a Dewey fan as well--did you know that he was such a fan of simplifying things that he went so far as to (temporarily) simpligy the spelling of his name from "Melville Dewey" to "Melvil Dui"? And that to create his amazing decimal system he imagined himself a primitive man, and asked himself questions that way--e.g. Who am I? Philosophy and Psychology, 100s; Who made me? Religion and Mythology, 200s; etc.
    Also I LOVED Garlic and Sapphires. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved it! It made me want to go to New York and just EAT EAT EAT:)!

    Thanks for the info on Melvil Dui:). You would LOVE my library--I think of you every time I go!

    ReplyDelete